Pacquiao wants to knock out Marquez

For the first time, Manny Pacquiao revealed his true intention against his rival from Mexico, Juan Manuel Marquez. Pacquiao said there will be no more “Mr. Nice Guy” once the opening bell rings on their November 12 fight.

“I have trained very hard and I have a good plan. I believe I will knock him out and it doesn’t matter what he says. It doesn’t matter if he is nice to me,” the pound-for-pound king said in Yahoo! Sports. The mild-mannered boxer from Sarangani province is known to refuse to give predictions in his fights. But Marquez apparently got into Pacquiao’s
nerves by claiming that he won their first two clashes. Marquez secured a controversial draw despite absorbing 3 first-round knockdowns from Pacquiao in 2004. Pacquiao, meanwhile, edged Marquez via split decision 4 years later.Pacquiao claimed that Marquez is apparently trying to be a “nice guy” so he wouldn’t take much of a beating in their third fight.“He is a genius. You know why? It is because he is trying to use my personality. He knows I am a nice person, so he thinks that if he is very nice and respectful to me before the fight then I will go easy on him and will not knock him out,” said the Filipino boxer. But Pacquiao said this won’t work because he will go for a knockout victory.“They want to see me knock out Marquez because it is exciting for boxing when there are knockouts,” he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment